Monday, August 2, 2010

1/72nd F4 and A6



These are works in progress waiting for paint. I built the F4 in about 3 days and the A6 a while ago. I had been searching for different decal sheets for both of these as these were older models and their decals had gone yellow. Finally ordered some and am just waiting their arrival so I can get the paint schemes, purchase any paints, and fire up the airbrush. I'm somewhat excited for the A6 as I found a decal sheet for a wing from Desert Storm that was camouflaged tan. I have never seen an A6 in anything but Navy grey so that will look cool.

2 comments:

  1. What's wrong with Navy Grey? One of my favorite paint schemes is the Navy schemes from the 60's and 70's. Remind me of seagulls for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with it but the tan is so unique it will stand out. I originally was trying to find decals for a 60s-70s A6 with the 4 tone paint scheme. (gray top white belly yellow nose black highlights) But then I saw the tan camo and I was sold. You'll see when it's done it will look cool.

    ReplyDelete